Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24--Poem-in-Your-Pocket Day--A Stolen Kiss

It's Keep a Poem in Your Pocket Day today! For an explanation, go here. I have three I wrote in my pocket right now. Here's another one:








A STOLEN KISS
Gene Paul chased me home one day
He trapped me on a tree
That creepy boy squashed lips on mine
And I punched him with my knee.

He'll never get another chance
To try and grab a kiss
His broken nose will see to that
I gave his drool a miss.

I wonder now to whom he went
To commiserate his pain
A loving mom or grandmother
To vent his sad refrain?

Where is that creepy kisser boy
Who tried to make a play
For the girl who wouldn't play his game
That breathless far off day?

I wonder if his game's now good 
Or if he's got a wife
Or does he sit and rot in jail
Bemoaning a broken life?

Remember this when next you try
To kiss a little lass
She just might pack a nasty punch
And knock you on your...rear.
© 2014 by H. Linn Murphy

1 comment: