Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day the Second

It's the Second day of Poetry Month and I'm doing an I Wish But I am Fill-in-the-blank poem:
 I WISH

I wish I could travel the wide, wonderful world
Like a raindrop in the wind.
I dream of seeing the velvety green glades of Ireland and the rocky crags of Switzerland, the crowded streets of India and the caverns of China. 
 I am waiting only for the chance once more to experience it all in delicate filigree and grand detail.
I used to think I only wanted to stay home and take care of my family in that little house in the sun.
But now I know I'd rather take them with me out into the bright vastness and sometimes-empty stretches.
I seem to have itchy feet aching to find untraveled places and eyes longing to see the next incredible beauty, the uncommon cache of wonder, the unnoticed.
But I'm really wondering if it'll ever happen.

© 2015 by H. Linn Murphy

If you'd like to know more about Fill-in-the-blank poems, go here.

1 comment: