Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 13, 2015

Dia de Trese--If You Were a Dog

It's an If-You-Were poem on this 13th day of April. It's a 4-stanza poem with the 2nd and 4th stanzas rhyming. So here goes the If poem:

If You Were a Dog
If you were a dog,
Then I'd be your bone
You'd chew on my neck 
'Til the cows came home.

I'd bring you comfort
And fill you with cheer
And you'd bury me
In a hole about here.

I'd wait patiently
For you to come back
You'd unearth my goodness
And chew 'til I cracked.

Your teeth they would tickle
Your nose would be wet
But we'd be together
It's as good as it gets.

You'd wag your tail
And slobber and drool
But having you love me
Would be pretty cool.
© 2015 by H. Linn Murphy

If you'd like to know more about If You Were Poems, try here. If not, be a puppy...;o)

1 comment: